Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Always a Bridesmaid....

....Never a bride....story of my life, sheesh!


So...nevermind that the last 3 posts have been pictures of me and the gang all dressed up. Can you tell that I a) love Halloween, and b) LOVE dressing up? It's been a tradition for a long time in my family: Dress up in crazy clothes for the fun of it and take pictures. Someday, when I get myself organized and actually find all my old pictures, I'll do the old scan-eroo and unveil some of my best work. In the meantime, here are pictures from this week's Halloween adventures...


The blushing bride
With the help of some very talented seamstresses, I am proud to say that I made this wedding dress. Not too shabby, eh?


Prom night circa 1989 ("I like your sleeves")


Good witch of the East meets Wicked witch of the West


My brothers and their lovely wives
(Bobby is dressed as the Hamburgler....obviously....)

A handful of my awesome YW class


7 comments:

Flori said...

Um, are you making fun of me and my 80's glamour AGAIN? I get no respect. But I do love seeing your dress-ups and Tillie's dress is lovely. Have you taught her to sing, "Oh they say when you're married in June..."? She would love it.

Jordan said...

Very, very cute.

Maggie said...

I love your prom outfit- although, I was surprised that Tills didn't pick a crazier color for her maid of honor. THanks for sharing the picks. Tillie makes a beautiful bride.

Carrie said...

You're too pretty to be a stinted bridesmaid! And the puffy sleeves are totally awesome. Why didn't the good and wicked witches come to our party on Monday night?! Again--kudos on the wedding dress for Tills. A-ma-zing.

A Momma said...

Tillie looks super cute! Good job with the dress. I made Jane a flower hat for this year. That's fun that you are in YW. I teach 9 sunbeams. I miss dressing up in costumes with you. Those were some of my most fun Halloween years when I'd hang out with you and wear your cool costumes. There was always an endless supply!

Julie Pia said...

What a fun blog Mary. I was on facebook the other day and noticed you gave Andrea Wilkinson your blog. How stoked am I? Now I get to check up on you any time I like. Thank-you! I hope this is OK with you...let me know if it's not! Love the Halloween costumes! loveya
P.S. Pia's have a blog too!
monkeeinthemiddle.blogspot.com

Bobby said...

Mare, I love Tillie's dress! She looks really pretty. I love the glass window on the front door, too, because the trees outside make it look like stained glass. Thanks again for your help with the costume!