Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Greek Goddess

This Monday, one of my favorite people came to visit: none other than the fabulous Kyriakitsa B. She was on her way to L.A. but had a mother of a layover in my neck of the woods. Thank heavens!! She was sans kiddies so we took advantage of our time together and did a few nifty things. Apart from our hilarious memories of college (oh my! why are college boys SO lame?) we found a lot of ways to laugh and enjoy ourselves.

Since Kitsa shares my obsession for Italian pizza, we had a lunch date downtown at Settebello's. If you've never been there, then you've never truly enjoyed authentic Italian pizza. Their claim, "cosi si mangia a napoli" (This is how you eat in Napoli) couldn't be more true. And believe me....I know! I gained a serious portion of my mission weight there. yikes!!! After that, we headed over to the delux spa for a sit in the steam room and to prepare our soggy bodies for a luxurious full body massage. We both came out of our rooms looking seriously relaxed.

Now, that is how you spend your time waiting for a plane!

It's sad that all my favorite friends from college live so far away. After reading this post, I bet I'll get more visitors....

7 comments:

A said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrie said...

Now that is the way to spend a day with old friend--sounds totally relaxing and very girlie--fun!

Robert Christensen said...

Um, can I come visit?

Anonymous said...

Hi. I haven't been blog-stalking in awhile and I was tickled pink to see 3 new posts!! All I can say is that you are delightful and I adore you. That is all. See you soon!

{z} said...

dude...where's the love...I don't get that king of treatment when I'm in town??!!

{z} said...

ha! That's how you spell when your baby almost toddler insists on sitting on your lap while you type...I meant to say "I don't get that KIND of treatment...."

A Momma said...

I'm sad I missed out on the steamy massages. I mean, massages and steam. :) We should get some of that yummy pizza when I come visit.