Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Titan Pride

This past weekend marked a momentous event in my life: My 10 year high school reunion. If you're thinking, "10 year reunion? Fuh-reaky!" Then we were probably not friends in high school. I live for stuff like this: get-togethers, parties, and, yes, even high school reunions. Even though I wavered a bit on if I would really go or not, in my heart of hearts (and yes, it's sounds just as dramatic as it was) I knew I would be sad if I didn't go. So I did. And guess what? It....was....awesome!

I loved running into old classmates and catching up. I loved being silly with the friends I still talk with and see every now and then, and I loved getting the stink eye (twice) from that one girl: "Why does she hate me again?"


Almost everyone I talked to about the reunion admitted that they couldn't think of anything more awful than attending their own high school reunion. I feel especially lucky because I just happen to be great friends with the gal who put her blood, sweat and tears into making it WAY better than, say, my senior prom (which was actually a really disastrous and traumatic event in and of itself...) Hearing the horror in their voices made me feel a little sad, and then a little weird, like, "Am I the only one that thinks this is fun?" Apparently not, because a lot of other people came and had a good time. Look, I even have pictures to prove it:

BFFs from HS: Mary Ann, Jane, & Brooke

Melissa, Me, Eliza, Sunny, Mary Ann

Drama Queens: Angelica, Me, Brittney, Ashley

The dirty dozen?

U.G.L.Y.
(you ain't got no alibi...)


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is that I love you!! Thank you so much for coming and for making it such an awesome night. It was super weird and crazy fun!!! heart- Brooke

Cali said...

I think it looks like alot of fun! I'm actually sad that I won't be able to go to ours this summer because we are up here in Oregon. Glad you could make it to yours!

Seth said...

Babe, it looks like you really had a good time.

A said...

Mine is in 2 weeks. I'm one of the shoot me now types that still hasn't decided whether or not to go. Nevermind that I'll be due in 6 weeks at the time of the reunion...so if anyone is worried about showing up fatter than they used to be, um, HELLO!!! That alone will probably stop me but we'll see.

Carrie said...

Glad you had a ball Mare! You look stunning as well :) Somehow I got roped into going to mine last year since 2 dear friends came into town just to be there and they made me come as part of our old posse. I have to admit it was a great night but I did end up missing all my other BFFs who weren't there with us--didn't feel the same without them and then I got all sentimental about it on my drive home that night...Love my HS friends, I just do.

Dukefamily5 said...

It was way fun! Thanks for going with us and lets do a BBQ when Seth is back. Love ya!!!

Maggie said...

Looks like a PARTY. Sorry that you couldn't drive the gold truck. Better luck next time. When did we get so old? You look great.