Sunday, May 9, 2010

The beginning of the END (or something like that, I'm sure....)


I'm 30 today. Yep, the big 3-0 finally reared it's ugly and misshapen head. What that mostly means is that I've found a hot-bed of gray hair on the underside of my part. and that makes me pretty upset...

Actually, turning another year older is incredibly anti-climactic these days. Everyone says that 30 is the new 20, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't this awesome when I was 20. Not even at 25. I'm basically reaching the peak of my life right now. I'm on my way to the 30-something era of my life and I'm fairly certain I'm gonna rock the next decade. (my mom told me so)

Let's just take a short look back at how awesome my life has been:

Me *eating* my birthday cake, circa 1983. I'm so committed!

mmmmmmmmm......

me rocking a perm, circa 1989. I'm so rad!


Me bringing back the coke bottle glasses, circa 1993. I'm so classic!


Me working the funky, disco, jive at Classic Skating, circa 1995. I'm so retro!


Me playing for adoring fans in Cali, circa 1998. I'm so fresh!


Me spreading the good word in Italy, circa 2002. I'm so buff!


Me snagging the greatest (and hottest) guy at BYU, circa 2004. I'm so smart!


Me living in London with said great (and hot) guy, circa 2006! I'm so adventurous!


Me with two kids, circa 2010. I'M SO CRAZY!!




here's to another 30 EPIC years!


9 comments:

Julie Pia said...

........HaPpY bIrThDaY........ to the CUTEST, SMARTEST, KINDEST, MOST ADVENTUROUS, BUFFEST, FRESHEST, AMAZINGLY HOT girl I know. You really are a gem Mary and I'm so glad I know you!

Love you like CrAzY and have an AWESOME day girl!

Love you!!!!!

P.S. 30's are definitely the BEST! I'm so glad to be out of the silly 20's. Time to get down to business right?

Carrie said...

Like your friend said above--out with the silly 20s already! On to the sophisticated and super cool 30s. Your photo history was way fun to look through--you have always been so cutting edge (do you think we could bring the 80s perm back in to style? I rocked that look for the better part of that decade...maybe 2010 is the time to start again. Are you in? ;)

Love you Mare! HB pretty lady!

Anonymous said...

Is it weird that I have pretty much those same photos except for the whole mission, husband and kids thing? Ok, so just like the cake and the perm. Needless to say, I adore you! The big 3-0 was hard for me, but I have high hopes for the upcoming decade. You are spectacular, my dear and one of my absolute DEAREST! Thanks for letting me hang around for the past 17 or so years. Much love.

Bryan and Lindsay said...

Looking FABULOUS, Mary! Happy Birthday. You are definitely in your prime :)

Dukefamily5 said...

Love the pictures! It was so fabulous to see you yesterday and have lunch. I love you dearly and I am so happy to count you as a friend. It must have been fate junior year when we both got into L.E. Those were some great times and here's to many more great times through the years. You are an amazing woman and mother. Happy Birthday Mares!

Danika said...

Mary you are so great!! Hope you had a great birthday!!

Krista said...

Love the pics Mary. I also love the bottom pic of your cute cute kids. Happy big 30th!!

Bobby said...

So jealous that you and Tills can both roll your tongues. I have no such talent.

Abbie said...

Such a cute post. Loved the picture from the mission. Can you believe that was 8 years ago. Ugh. Makes me feel old. I still have 7 months of 29 left... gotta live it up.