Well.....the baby came. thank goodness!!
(Just a baby. no head lice involved this time.)
William Finchley "Finch" Braun
Measured 21.5 long inches and weighed in at 7 lbs 11 oz. good boy. Any bigger and I may have just burst my seams (literally).
As much as I know you're all loving my sexy shoulders and swollen face, the reality is that I had just given birth. Natural child birth, that is. As in "hurts like a mother (giving natural childbirth)" birth. For those who advocate this type of birth, I feel proud to have weathered the storm.
To be quite honest, I was 100% unprepared for how things would all turn out. I knew that if my body was going fast, that I would just skip the epidural and go unmedicated (since the epidural with Tillie was such a bust), which ended up happening. Labor started around 6pm, we got to the hospital by 7pm and Finch arrived at precisely 10pm. nice timing! easy-peasy. no biggie. t'aint no thang. I did it with my eyes closed. oy!
whatever.
A big fat NO THANKS to those who didn't so much as even mention the "ring of fire" that accompanies going natch. Suppose I could have at least picked up a book about the whole thing, but didn't. my bad (or maybe my good. didn't know what was coming until it was REALLY coming--if you catch my drift).
Seth was a pro. champion coach. cream of the crop. my one and only. Thanks for your encouragement and constant reminders to stop furrowing my brow and work on my yoga breathing. Even when I thought I would die and was doubting (read: totally regretting) my decision, you always knew I could do it, didn't you? And I did! I am....amazing!
Mom, I loved having you there, too. Nothing like a mother of 8 giving you perspective through your whole birthing ordeal. 100% supportive (no pun intended) and never pushy (pun intended). You're the best!
Thanks to the nurse and midwife who ran me a HOT bath and had me sit on the yoga ball. Miracle workers, honestly. May consider birthing in a hot tub next baby. dead serious.
All in all, an eventful day. SO glad it's over! phew!
Thanks to everyone who called, visited and passed along well-wishing and joy. We are so happy to have wonderful family and friends to share our lives with.
Here's to the safe arrival of baby numero dos! (Holla!)
Here's to the safe arrival of baby numero dos! (Holla!)
17 comments:
Oh my, you make the whole thing sound so easy peasy lemon squeezy. In my dreams, right?
AUGURI!! Reading your totally enjoyable post brought back serious nostalgia just two years ago when Jane was born on father's day.
You look terrific and have a sweet angel of a boy to show for it (hope he remembers that title in the wee hours of the night).
Way to go, I'm so happy for you!
You are amazing! And not just because of this--though this truly amazes me! And makes me wonder what on earth am doing having another? Why do we forget? I suppose because they really are worth it.
I'm so happy for you. I hope that you are doing well. Adjusting to two was a huge adjustment for me--I'm still amazed I didn't burn the house down while cooking dinner! But you are so amazing you, for sure, have everything under control.
I love his name, I love that he yours. Safely here. How wonderful!
Congratulations!!! We are so happy for you!!
Hope the recovery goes well and little Tillie turns into an awesome big sister!
Love you guys!
We had an eventful weekend too. Tell you about it later...
S&S
Congrats you guys! He is so cute!! And what a perfect size. Sheesh, I can't believe you did that natural- way to go!!! I am so glad everything went well. Miss you and love you guys!! Love, MaryAnn
How exciting! I'd love to hear why you decided to go au natural. :) Tillie is ADORABLE!!!! My gosh, when did she get so big too. Love the name. We're thinking William too if we have a boy.
ohhhh. going "natch"...I can't even think about it...too painful. You brave woman you. We love little finch in the fam.
Way to go! When you wrote "the ring of fire" I was a little confused. Then I remembered that part where you're pushing a PERSON through skin stretched so tight you think it's going break. And then it really does tear and still feels like fire. Yeah, I remember that. Glad you survived it and ended up with such a cute boy to show for it.
congrats, mary! he's darling! hope to meet him sometime soon! tanti, tanti auguri!
Love that baby boy--he is too cute. And how does Tillie look like 5 years old in that bottom picture?!
You honestly are amazing Mary--I cannot fathom the idea of doing things naturally--yikes!! Hope you are doing well and adjusting to life with the 2 chillins. See you soon!
WHAT IN THE WORLD?!? You went natural!!! You brave woman you. You'll have to fill me in sometime...not like I'm EVER going to try it but just curious. Little William Finch is a total babe!! And Tillie looks so proud. Make it through the first two months and you'll be set. Let me know if you need anything...a break...anything.
Parabens! Congratulazioni! What great news! And what great work, Mary! Ariel went "natch" with Abe, and what an experience it was. Way to go!
Irmão Braun, agora tens um missionário (e Tillie também se ella servir) por teu próprio CTM no lar. Ele tem muito sorte por ter vocês dois como pais.
You are a tough lady. I pray I never have to do it natural, I'm not too excited about the "ring of fire". I like the nice numb feeling. Hope you guys are recovering and sleeping well. Maybe I can take a shift so you can sleep while I visit. We get there July 10th. See you soon!
Congratulations, Mary! He is beautiful! Great job on the natural bit--did you at least feel fab once it was over (vs. the epidural deadness)? So proud of you and happy for you.
Cute, cute, cute
Yay!!! What a sweet boy! He shares a great b-day with my Joey!
And My #2 was totally natural too--I totally feel your pain!! Unplanned. He came so fast that when I got to the hospital I was already at a 10. The nurse just squeezed my hand and told me I could not have an epidural. He was born 20 minutes after we got there so 2 hours total labor, but the most intense pain I have ever felt. It's just not right when you can feel you flesh tearing apart :)
But what a sweet little miracle you have and such a beautiful family!
love, lindsay
We love the Braun family! So cute! Congrats on surviving natural child birth :). I've always been interested in that so we'll have to talk some time about it. Anyway, congrats and we'll hopefully see you very soon!
Congrats Mary. I love your commentary on natural birth. I had my second natural and pretty much changed my mind too late, so natural it was. But looking back, I kind of liked it....minus that whole part where there was no ring of fire, just an explosion of fire. Your babe is a cutie.
Post a Comment