Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Grateful for .....


Thanksgiving is upon us and it hasn't quite registered all the way what exactly that means. I've gotten as far as "no work" and then the idea sort of runs away to a dusty corner of my mind. I've read the blogs and emails of several people and think, "what a great idea....I'm glad someone is demonstrating immense gratitude...." and then I skip back to my own blog and think: "Shabby Apple....more work....." and then proceed to check my work email, acting all skittish if I think I hear Seth walking around the corner--like I'm either looking for Christmas presents or checking out something a little bit more scandalous (eeeek!)

So I've been a work-a-holic lately. so sue me.

Apart from my all-consuming working ways, I have found time to see some great movies, hang out with friends and catch some serious zzzzzz's. I've re-discovered the joy of sleeping in and eating breakfast at 10am. I got to give a great (and all too personally real) lesson on procrastination to a group of 14-15 yr old girls, all of whom had never heard of cliff's notes. what?! (My mom just barely gave away my overwhelmingly large stack to the DI this summer. yeesh!) I celebrated my 4th wedding anniversary and spent a romantic evening with the man of my dreams (blog post to soon follow). I have even been surpringly dedicated to my gym workout (by 'surprisingly dedicated' I mean I have now gone 3 out of 5 days, instead of my usual zero out of 5 days routine). I have kept my house clean--a VERY impressive act, since I am THE WORST housekeeper I know of. I made a Thanksgiving dress for my daughter and it's probably the cutest thing you've ever seen. I learned how to play a new board game and I paid all my bills! so hah! check and check!

allora....i'm grateful that I actually have some wonderful things to show for myself. Now back to those work emails.....

2 comments:

Julie Pia said...

Hey cutie,

I want to see the Thanksgiving dress you made. I'm sure it's quite amazing, but then again, so are you! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and I'll call you tomorrow to see if I can stop by for a visit! I love you!

Flori said...

Yes, show us the dress! I'm so glad you posted. I thought you had died or something. Hey, does Shabby apple sell maternity dresses? I have a friend who was wondering.