Sunday, January 27, 2008

We thank thee O God for a Prophet...


The breaking news tonight is this: Our sweet prophet and beloved leader, Gordon B. Hinckley, has passed away. It seems unreal to me and I feel a strange emptiness and sadness inside, like I've just lost a grandparent or dear friend. This was a great man. Influential in my life in many ways. He felt like my prophet for my generation. He was the happiest man I ever knew and the sparkle in his eyes made me feel important, loved and capable. Thank you, President Hinckley for the amazing work you did to make us stand a little taller and be a little better. Till we meet again...

3 comments:

Krista said...

thanks mare. That was sweet to read and I too feel saddened but then joy for his family and that he will be with his sweet wife again.

Jordan said...

That was a lovely tribute. I feel a little sad, but mostly I am so happy he can be with his wife again. After she died he seemed like he was missing a piece of himself. He was a great leader.

Mariposa said...

I'm happy for his family, too. Can't you just imagine how happy he was to be with his wife. i hope he gave her a great big kiss when he saw her again.