Allora...My apologies for ending on such a lame blog. I hope you all enjoy the spooky slideshow I finagled. Yes, I'm quite proud of it myself. (thanks abbie and whoever you stole the idea from!). Life has been crazy for us, hence the long absence. I was quite sick with "we're not really sure but it might be a blood clot/walking pneumonia/you're faking it." I finally wised up and refused a third go of the antibiotics and got straight to the point: "I need Lortab." I guess the doctors were sick of seeing me for the 5th time that month, so they gave it to me. softies! hah!! Needless to say, I'm feeling much better (thank you very much) and I think I'll live. (cue ginormous sigh of relief. perfect.)
I can't believe we're nearing mid-november. The weather has been so unbelievable here I keep worrying that Tillie will grow out of all the warm fall/winter clothes I got her before she even gets to wear them. By noon we're both sweating because I insist on dressing us both in warm sweaters and heavy pants because it should be cold, right? Not true. no es la verdad.
For Thanksgiving we're heading up to Portland to visit Seth's fam. We'll be on the coast for the weekend and I'm SO excited! I heart Cannon Beach and the Goonies! Everytime I see Haystack Rock I think of the goonies looking through the old coin and seeing the "puzzle" fit together. It's sure to be an adventure!
My nerves have been feeling a little raw and I fear I'm near the edge of a serious nervous breakdown. Tillie has managed to escape my not so watchful eye more than a handful of times (translate: I'm a terrible and neglectful parent) and it has made me SERIOUSLY consider cutting off her legs. er...i mean making her wear a leash. I don't care how heartless it looks, losing your baby in a huge store is the scariest thing EVER! And the even scarier thing is that Tillie could care less that it scares me half to death. I'm leaning toward that handy dog leash that lets you control how far you'll let your dog wander ahead of you. Is that too inhumane to attach it to a child? probably not. I'll do it until at least 10, no 20 people say something mean about it. When I lost Tillie in Target and she was finally found, the "hero" proceeded to tell his coworkers (in front of me, mind you) that he "used to work at Walmart when this kid got kidnapped and within like 5 minutes the guy had shaved her head, changed her clothes and was walking out the door with her!!" thank you. That really makes me feel better.
In more responsible news, I have a job. I work at Shabby Apple, an online dress company. A few of my friends from high school started it up and now I help them with the shipping and trunkshows. It's pretty much an awesome job. Easy and convenient and just, well, awesome. I thought that an undergrad in the social sciences and a graduate certificate in TESOL would render me lonely and despondent for lack of company. But no, I find myself very well alone in an office, punching in numbers and doing pretty much the same stuff everyday. Tills just comes along and we hang out for a few hours, do our thing and split. suits us just fine. So...if you need a cute dress, check it out. It would be my pleasure to process your order!
All in all, not a bad month. Sorry you're getting brought up to speed a little late. Next time I'll try not to be so neglectful. but...i seem to be doing that a lot lately, so I can't make any promises.
Monday, November 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
It's like rolling your eyes in Sacrament Mtg. and wondering why those horrible parents don't take their dang kid out so everyone else can hear. And then Jackson is born and he's the screamer. Now I'm the eye rollee (if you will) instead of the eye roller. Same as the leash. Before the child, I though they were a little mean, now I need one as well. Have you seen those monkey backpacks? It's a monkey backpack she wears and the tail is long enough for you to hold on to and keep her in sight. They're actually kind of cute. There are also child leashes that hook to each of your wrists instead of hooking her to a dog leash. Let me guess...she won't sit in the cart either? That's what I love the most is people staring at me trying to make Jackson sit in the cart and him climbing up the sides of it and putting his legs over it trying to jump out. He's stronger than I bargained for, so it never works unless I give him a sucker. So in the end, what do you do? Give your kid candy or put them on a leash? And I've heard it gets worse...he's not even two yet, I can only imagine. I was just thinking of posting something about the bittersweetness of parenthood yesterday but decided not to use my blog to whine about the challenges of being a mom. Glad I'm not the only one, but feel for you at the same time. MAMA MIA!!!
FYI--that kidnapping story is a total urban legend that I have heard like 10 times--so don't believe it :) But I hear you Mare--and now I have 2 crazy runners. I am seriously trying my best to just get to the grocery store or my beloved Target while my hubby is home in the evening and I can leave the kids because we have had too many fiascos in the past few weeks. That Tillie is hilarious in her own right though!! And you always blog about things in such a funny way--love it!
I saw that story about the kidnapping on Law and Order SVU once!! I got lost at Disneyland when I was about three... I'm so glad you're back posting again!
guys, seriously...AMEN and AMEN!!
HEY YOU GUYS!! Get out, I'm going to the Oregon coast for Thanksgiving too!! LINCOLN CITY BABY! Let's meet where Mr. Copperpot met his doom and then do the truffle shuffle before we play the organ made of human bones. Baby Ruth? I'll see you Saturday, my little Shabapple princess (that's what we call it at my house).
Glad you're feeling better. The pics are way cute.
Hey--you should stop by if you have a minute! Give me a call once your in OR--503-357-6750. I'd love to see you!
i'm trying the whole blogging thing again...we will see how it works out. keep in touch....what's new with you guys??
lindsay
http://cousinelephant.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment